Monday, February 15, 2010

Watercolor flowers

On the Spellbinder blog they have been talking about pyramid cards. I thought I would give it a try! Basically, pyramid cards are layers of the same image with each layer getting smaller. The stamp is a Hero Arts one called Designblock: Silhouette. This image is very solid so I used my Tombow markers to color it then I used my Ranger mini mister to spray the stamp to make sure the markers were nice and wet. I stamped the image twice on Bazzill cardstock then re-inked the stamp again with my Tombows and stamped a third time.
I used my Spellbinder Labels 4 to make the layers. Have I mentioned I LOVE this label shape! I layered the labels as shown with my foam mounting tape then matted it on scraps of Bazzill cardstock. I had a scrap of Bazzil bling (purple) that someone had embossed with Cuttlebug Floral Fantasy folder it matched perfectly so I used that too but cut the bottom with my Long Deckle Rectangle Spellbinder die. I punched holes with my Cropadile Big Bite and threaded ribbon through the holes and added Robin's Nest Dew Drops as well as shown.
All supplies are available from Crafty Capers. Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

Dianne said...

Really pretty card.