Monday, September 29, 2008


I'm on a Christmas card "kick" at the moment. Here is a Dreamweaver stencil I've had for a few years now. I thought I pull it out and play again. I used gold embossing paste on the stencil and when it was dry I used Brillance Pearlescent Ivy on the leaves. I then used my Glue Palette to glue the pear and partridge. I heated the glue ink on the image until it was sticky then I added gold leafing. I finished off the card with a Penny Black word stamp and edged the oval with Distress ink Tea Dye ink. The back ground is done with the new Leafy Branch Cuttlebug folder.
All supplies are available at Crafty Capers.

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Back at it

I think most of the orders are in and priced for the next while so I have some time now to play.

This card was done when Lolly and I were playing. The flower is a Dreamweaver stencil with gold embossing paste. When the paste was dry I used my Glue Palette ink and inked the pot part of the paste. I heated to make the glue sticky and put Black Leaf on it. I embossed the saying by Penny Black with Crafty Capers gold embossing powder. I thought the card looked a little naked so I used my Versamark pad with an Inkadinkado swirl stamp and stamed the background brown to fill it in. All supplies can be bought from Crafty Capers. I have a couple other projects to post so come back over the weekend for more!

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Lost my Muse!

The store has been super busy with customers and new orders but when I have had a chance to work on cards my work has been crap! This card is a total CASE from the Stampendous site. This is the Make and Take project for tomorrow and Saturday. I used a new clear Snowman set from Stampendous, Tombow markers, Fun Flock and Glossy accents to create this card. Thanks for looking! Hopefully, I will be more creative in the next few days.

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Bird Card

Not really sure what to call this card. It is done with a new Magenta set. First off I stamped 3 stamps from the set onto a scrap of Paper Adventures paper with Memories black die ink. I cut each image out then highlighted the images with pencil crayons. It is quite subtle. I then mounted the pieces onto a scrap of copper cardstock, in fact, the back of the cardstock has a stenciled image on it that was not good for some reason! I then ripped one edge. I found a blue scrap and riped the edge of that. I then took my 3mm Sook Wang tape and put 3 stripes down near the bottom and poured Crafty Capers Copper Embossing Powder on it and heated. I mounted the copper/blue combo onto my main copper cardstock. I thought it needed something so used my Scor-it board to make a frame around images.
Thanks for looking!

Wednesday, September 10, 2008


It has been so busy at the shop the last week or so with new orders I have not had a moment to get any cards done! Anyway, here is one I did manage to get done last week but didn't get around to posting.
The saying is done by Paula Best. I did the background with 2 Dreamweaver stencils and Memory Mist sprays (copper & green tea). It is quite shimmery in person. I stamped the saying with Adirondack Ginger dye ink and edged the vellum with Brillance Cosmic Copper ink. I used 3M Vellum Adhesive to attach the vellum to the main cardstock. The green cardstock is a scrap of Crafters Workshop.
Tomorrow should be a little quieter at the shop so I can do some playing.

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Pumpkin Patch

We got a new order of cling stamps from Magenta last week. This cute pumpkin stamp was in a fall set. I had to color it. I used cheapie Laurentian pencil crayons to color it and popped up the various pumpkings as seen in the close up photo. I made a background paper using a Magenta mask. I have seen these demoed before but never played with one myself. I quite like it. For those who don't know what they are. They are basically 6x6 (or 12x12) plastic stencils. First off, I used Ranger's Cut N' Dry foam to apply Ranger's Adirondack Terra Cotta dye ink in the swirls. I left the stencil in place and used a mushroom stamp from the same fall set from Magenta and used my new Brillance Copper ink. I removed the stencil and used Adirondack Ginger dye ink around the edges. I used a scrap of copper cardstock on the spine of the card and mounted the pumpkins on black.
Thanks for looking!