Wednesday, February 17, 2010

A pick me up for a Friend

I've got a friend who moved across the country 18 months ago. Some of you may remember Yvette from her time working at Crafty Capers the spring/summer 2008. I know she misses BC quite a bit so thought I would make her a special present.
The front and back covers of this book are 4x4 coasters (like you put drinks on!) covered in Bo Bunny Love Bandit paper. I stamped the word Friends using an Inkadinkado stamp in Crafty Capers Teddy Bear embossing powder and used my NEW We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper! For years now I have wanted a corner rounder. I bought what I thought was a corner rounder from EK Success but was actually their "inset" design which had notches out of the rounded corners. I liked that too but it was not a plain rounder. Anyway, I love my Corner Chomper! Not only does it go through cardstock it will also go through coasters with no troubles.
Inside my book I added a picture of my sisters, Yvette and I taken last May when she was out last. I added a Flourishes friends saying from the "Peaches and Cherries" set stamped in Versafine Vintage Sepia ink. I added a package of post it notes so she can keep organized - one of her favourite things!
I used my seldom used Bind It All machine to put the rings in the book. Gotta use that more often!
Thanks for looking. Check out Yvette's blog and if you wish send her some BC love!


2 comments:

Lisa S. Luckey said...

Oh that is so sweet, she's going to love it!

Lisa

Yvette said...

You are an amazing friend ... I cried like a baby when I saw the post (the parcel arrived on friday)Steve said "oh my, did somebody die?" - thats how much I was crying {HUGS} thanks so much