Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Happy 70th Birthday

I received a cool (store bought) birthday card for my birthday back in January that was all fuzzy. As soon as I saw it I knew I could reproduce it (only better) using Stampendous' Fun Flock! My MIL is turning the big 7-0 in April so thought this would be a good opportunity especially since the inlaws seemed facinated by the fuzzy store bought card.
My friend Dianne and I had a play date this morning and she was kind enough to bring her Cricut machine with her so I cut out the 70 numbers using her machine. Thanks Dianne!! I stuck the numbers onto a rectangle of Be Creative Tape then filled in the exposed tape with Stampendous' Sunshiny Yellow Fun Flock. I matted the piece as shown then thought I'd make the card interactive with a pull out "happy birthday" tag. The happy birthday is from Stampendous' Bday Messages Perfectly Clear set. I stamped the words with Versamagic Agean Blue ink and embossed with Stampendous's Stamp N Bond embossing powder which turns sticky when heated then applied Blue Suede Fun Flock. I mounted the 70 piece with foam mounting tape on 3 sides so the tag slides behind then pulls out. The flower on the tag is a cut out from a leftover Basic Grey Sugar Rush paper from the 70 cutout.
The ribbon is from A Muse. The flower gem is from Kaiser Craft with a mini rhinestone in the middle attached with Glossy Accents.
Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

Dianne said...

You did a really good job on this card. Any time you want to use my cricut just let me know.