Monday, February 22, 2010

Strawberries

I taught a beginner stamping class on Saturday and after class I was showing them a few bonus techniques including "Direct to Rubber" where you apply paints or markers directly to your rubber stamp! Anyway I whipped off this image using my Tombow markers, a Penny Black stamp and white glossy cardstock. I then figured I should make it into a card since it looked so pretty and I really do love this stamp!
I used Spellbinders Labels 2 for the image and it's yellow Bazzil mat. The pattern paper is Basic Grey Origins. The green mat and main card are Bazzill. The pink ribbon stripes are by American Crafts. The bottom glitter stripes are Be Creative tape (5mm) and Pink Glitter Ritz. The rhinestones are by Kaiser Craft.

I've got a funny story about the pink bow. You'll never guess where it came from! Any guesses?? No?

It was one of my SHOE BOWS from my high school grad dress! (Hey it was the 80's). I've scanned a photo of me and my highschool BFF Jennifer to prove it. Now no laughing those dresses, and I'm sure, my shoes, were the height of fashion in 1988! :)
Anyway, the bow was very easy to attach since it still had the shoe clip attached to it! I can take the bow off and use it on another card in a few years!! See the belt on my dress? Someone used that in a card making class at Crafty Capers a few years ago! It pays to never throw things away!!

2 comments:

Jo-anne Blossy said...

Your graduation dress & that of your BFF don't look that bad. I have seen much worse & I graduated in the 1980's too.

Sheree said...

I think you look fabulous and you haven't changed a bit!! I graduated in the 70's and you'll never see the pics!!