Saturday, July 19, 2008

Beach Day!

No, I didn't get a beach day but I did get to play with a beach scene (sort of the same). For those who don't know where Lantzville is we are right on the ocean. In fact, if I open the back door of the shop I have an ocean view. Soooo, back to the card. First off, I brayered a piece of white glossy cardstock with a Ranger Big and Juicy dye ink pad (vivid primary) and let dry. I then took Sook Wang tape and laid it over the brayered piece. I left the protective backing on. Using a scallop Nestability I cut out a scallop circle in the center of the glossy cardstock. I peeled the backing off the tape then poured Warm Highlight clear glitter over the exposed tape. Pressed down and tapped off extra.
On watercolor paper I stamped the Beach Day with Ranger Archival black ink then colored the scene with Tombow markers. I pop dotted the beach scene inside the scallop window then mounted the entire thing on a piece of Awesome Aqua ColorMates cardstock. I though the front looked a bit naked so I took a black Sharpie and drew lines around the edges to frame everything. If you are inclined to make this card all supplies can be purchased at Crafty Capers.

No comments: