Thursday, July 17, 2008

Probably jinxed myself


Remember how I was bragging yesterday how this card was nearly done? Well, of course, the last part did not go together well! Anyway, the quick part was the stamping of the new Impression Obsession image with clear ink and black embossing powder on a scrap piece of blue Bazzill cardstock. I then remembered my friend Linda mentioning that Twinkling H2Os looked great on darker papers and I figured that since they were waaaay in the back of my storage area I should get them out. This scan does not do them justice. They look gorgeous on this paper!! I don't remember all the colors I used but the leaves/grass are golden jade and the firefly light is interference violet, the flower centers are ginger peach. I then mounted the blue paper on purple. Then came the fiddly part I could not figure out what to mount it on. I did manage to make a gorgeous card with a fireworks stencil and Memory Mist metallic sprays though while fiddling about (I thought I was working on this card but that didn't work out). Don't think it will scan well so you probably won't see it. Anyway, finally settled on a piece of Co'ordinations cardstock run through the Cuttlebug with the Swiss Dots design. For those who don't know Co'ordinations cardstock has a lighter center so if you sand it, emboss it, rip it etc you can see the lighter center. I did not have to sand this the lighter color just came through with the embossing. To finish off the card I stamped a clear Hero Arts set with Black Adirondack ink on rounded scraps. As usual, all supplies are available from Crafty Capers. I probably will not post tomorrow since I am driving up the Island in the AM (complete with Holly dalmatian and her urine in a jar!) then down the Island in the afternoon (minus Holly dalmatian and the urine!). Not to worry, Holly is fine we are just doing a re-check since she had a bladder infection a few weeks ago. Holly will stay at home guarding the house while we go down Island.

1 comment:

Lorri said...

I think I am your biggest fan Vic. I finished my Lime card for the shop and dropped it off. No I didn't stay longer than 45 minutes and there were two customers in there so I left to do some more errands. I will be breaking out my new H20's and doing up another impression obession card for you. Have a great saturday, lol. I will be thinking of you at my barbecue with my lime and gin :^)