Tuesday, July 8, 2008

busy day!



It was a busy day today at the shop. A new Hero Arts order came in and my 10 year old niece, Hayley, and I spent the afternoon working on some class samples for next week. I can't believe she was 3 when I first started the store! Now I can use her as slave labour checking in orders and such!

Anywaaaay, here is a card I created last week using a Dreamweaver stencil (geese) and cut out using my Nestabilities (moon) and new to the store glitter! I cut out a moon with my Nestabilities out of the backing of "sticker" paper and placed it on an exposed piece of JAC paper (double sided adhesive sheet). I rubbed soap on my stencil to make it kind of greasy so it would not stick to the JAC paper and put it on the sticky JAC paper. I carefully, cut out the parts of the geese that were over top of the moon with my craft knife and then poured bronze glitter over the stencil. I pressed the glitter to ensure firm contact with the tape then carefully, lifted the stencil and poured blue teal glitter over the sky. Finally, I carefully lifted the moon up and poured champaigne glitter over the newly exposed moon. All in all a fiddly card but very pretty.

1 comment:

Lorri said...

Resist the glitter, resist the glitter. ;^) See you soon.

Lorri