Saturday, January 26, 2013

Merry Monday Challenge!

The gals over at the Merry Monday Challenge have bird theme going on this week and I found a few minutes to get a quick Christmas card done to play along!
I am pretty happy with how the card turned out and it was quick card to boot! Funny how you can get a card whipped up quickly when you are under a tight deadline!
I stamped an image from the Penny Black stamp set "Cold nose warm heart" then colored it with my Prisma pencil crayons. I added some Be Creative tape over top of the image and added some Warm Highlight Glitter Ritz glitter. I cut an arrow from the Tim Holtz movers and shapers mini jalopy and arrow set and hand wrote "north pole" I added a Memory Box die called Frosty Border. The embossing folder is by Sizzix/Hero Arts and the Holiday Cheer sentiment is also by Penny Black (wood mounted).
Well that brings me to 2 Christmas cards made for 2013. I think that is an all time record for me so early in the year! I am teaching 3 classes next week so I am guessing there will be not much time for playing this week but you never know. I do have a few ideas floating around in my head. :)
Thanks everyone for stopping by!

5 comments:

Lesley said...

Love that blinged background and the snowflake accent Vic! The embossed background is perfect, looks like snow blowing around!! Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday!
Smiles,
Lesley

Bonnie said...

I love all the glitter, Victoria! It gives such an icy feel to this cute penguin! Great layout too. Love the arrow. Thanks for sharing with us at Merry Monday!

Myrna said...

Victoria
Great card.
Myrna

Notes by Nina said...

Very pretty card, the glitter is fabulous. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday this week.

Narelle Farrugia said...

Such a pretty soft card for Christmas! I love the border you've added and your penguin is so cute! Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday this week!