Friday, January 11, 2013

Colored Embossing

I had to make a sympathy card recently. Here is what I came up with.
I started by embossing white vellum with a Craft Concepts embossing folder called Yves then I colored the embossed areas with my Prisma pencil crayons. I matted the vellum on a piece of white cardstock to give it stability. I matted everything as shown and added an Impression Obsession sentiment stamped with Cataloupe Memento ink. The swirls on either side of the sentiment were done by hand with a pencil crayon. The bottom lacy border was done with a Spellbinder Romantic Rectangle die. Ribbon is by Hero Arts. I added some Liquid Pearls (petal pink) to the centers of the flowers to some extra definition.
Don't forget tomorrow Crafty Capers is having a free Ranger Alcohol ink demo between 10:30 am - 12:30 pm. Drop in anytime during those hours and see some of the neat things you can do with Alcohol inks!

1 comment:

Sheree said...

You are such a talented crafter!! One day I hope to be as good as you! Who is this Kathy person??!! lol