Monday, January 7, 2013

Poppy Birthday

A friend posted an article on Facebook the other day saying people who spent more time in nature are more creative. Interesting theory. I have been walking for 30 minutes each day for over a week now (in nature) and I do feel more creative so there might be something to that study! In addition, I have lost 2lbs so I can't complain! I AM complaining that I don't have a doggie walking companion however so watch this space for some doggie news hopefully in the next couple of months or so! :)
Here is one of my "creative masterpieces" from last week!
I stamped the Hero Arts wood grain stamp on a piece of Bazzill cardstock with Hero Arts Soft Brown ink. I am LOVING the Hero Arts inks right now and imagine my surprise when I was doing a bit of reorganizing last week and found I owned about 10 of them - I though I owned about 3!! Anyway back to the card...
I cut out a Spellbinder oval die and stenciled more of the Hero Arts soft brown ink onto it then stamped the Hero Arts sentiment using Versafine Vintage Sepia ink. I cut out the Prim Poppy die from Memory Box twice once in green and once in red then layered them as shown then tied a bow with some white embrodary floss I have had kicking around for years! I used my EK Success butterfly bunch on some scrap red cardstock and punched out 3 butterflies. I finished off the card with 3 Hero Arts pearls just below my sentiment.
Just a reminder Crafty Capers will be having a FREE (gotta like that price) Alcohol ink demo this Saturday Jan 12 from 10:30 am - 12:30 pm. I have some pretty cool inky techniques/cards lined up for the demo if I do say so myself!

No comments: