Friday, March 2, 2012

A walk in the woods

I just got home from a nice walk in the woods near our house with DH, a neigbour and their pup. Everything is so quiet, green and peaceful (except when the neighbour was shouting at the dog because he was looking for some poop to roll in - ick! Don't miss that part of owning a dog! LOL)
This card definitely captured the green mood in the woods today. I began the card by "stamp smooshing" the Memory Box fern stamp with Memento Bamboo leaves ink on 2 pieces of white cardstock. I let the ink dry then stamped the fern again with Versamark ink and embossed with clear embossing powder. I then used my sponge daubers and sponged Adirondack Lettuce, Clover and Pesto inks over the entire piece then I ironed off the embossing powder. I used Versafine Deep Lagoon ink to stamp my sentiment (Penny Black) and a few more ferns. I matted everything as shown and added some Hero Arts pearls to finish the card off. Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Elizabeth Allan said...

Victoria this is fabulous! The colors and design make you feel you are in a field of ferns!