Wednesday, May 11, 2011

A restful retreat

I was supposed to be working on my personal cards this week but I am unexpectedly teaching a Stampscapes class next weekend (still space) so I have to figure out what we will be doing!! I have been madly been emailing back and forth with Kevin (the Stampscapes King and also the owner!) to fine tune my stamp order so we have the right stamps coming in! Just some of the glamour of being a store owner! lol
This card did not make the class "cut" but would work as a "man" card so it made the blog instead. I used a different type of paper (Stardream) and the scene turned out kind of misty when I didn't even add mist!!
I began the scene by stamping the cabin and pines and rocks with Coffee ink on the Stardream text weight paper. I used my Stylus wand and added a bunch of inks (see below) to add some extra drama I added some Red Pepper streaks across the sky. The Stardream paper is great for that as it seems more slippery than the Glossy Cardstock (go figure!). When I was happy with my colors. I stamped the Oak Branch and Bullrushes around the edges of the card in black ink. I then added some stars in the sky and highlights with my Ranger white gel pen.
Hope this provides you with inspiration!

Card Recipe:
Stamps by Stampscapes: Lakeside cabin, Rocks and Pines, Bullrushes, Oak Branch (lrg)
Inks: (all by Ranger) Adirondack dye Citrus, Lettuce, Peach Bellini, Sunset Orange, Terra Cotta, Red Pepper. Ranger Archival Jet Black and Coffee
Cardstock: Stardream and Coredinations

1 comment:

Sheree said...

What a gorgeous card Victoria! You are now my idol for Stampscapes! I'll have to come in and see what that paper is like as I have also found that streaking across glossy cardstock doesn't really work that well.