Sunday, May 1, 2011

Peacocks oh my!

I'm on a peacock kick at the moment. I just keep coming up with yet another idea to do with this stamp!
This card was done with the magic reveal embossing technique (see previous embossing posts for the technique). I began by stamping the Hero Arts Dictionary Greetings stamp all over a piece of white cardstock with Ranger's (dye) Esspresso ink. Let it dry then stamped the peacock over top of the writing with Versamark ink and clear  embossing powder. I had planned to color the peacock with my Tombow markers but when I had cooked the embossing powder I found I could not see the open areas well enough for any coloring (my eye is STILL bad) so I took my finger daubers and rubbed Brillance Sky Blue, Adirondack Denim and Adirondack Stonewash ink over the entire piece that popped up the imaged quickly!
I did end up adding some extra color to some areas with my Tombow markers. I cut the piece of cardstock down to a more managable size and added some more Espresso ink to the edges of the cardstock. I attached my peacock piece to a main card. The cardstock was left over from my heat embossing demo back in Feb?? the stripes are Be Creative tape and Crafty Capers Teddy Bear embossing powder. I added a Just Rite sentiment stamped in Espresso ink and matted onto a Just Rite Spellbinder die. I added a gold brad distressed just a bit with Espresso Alcohol ink to finish off the card.
Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Alli said...

It's GORGEOUS Victoria!!!
Looooove that texty background!!!