Saturday, May 28, 2011

Blue Birthday

Well its been quite  week for me busy in the store and my car's ABS system has bitten the du$t! Didn't help my already lacking mojo however a friend was kind enough to bring some of her magazines to borrow to give that old mojo a jump start. I still have at least 1 more man birthday card to make in the next few weeks but here is one more. I'm very happy with how this card turned out.
I cut a circle card out using my Spellbinder scalloped circles then cut out a smooth circle and embossing it with one of the NEW Couture Creations embossing folders called Royalty. Love it! I took a Hero Arts clear branch stamp and applied 3 blue Tombow markers directly to the stamp and sprayed with water then stamped the image onto a scrap of cream linen cardstock. I cut out the image and then assembled the card as shown. As you can see I am using more of the Lime Squeeze designer paper, this time the blue wood grain pattern - love that as well!
Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!
Card Recipe:
Stamps Hero Arts, Just Rite ribbed Happy Birthday
Tombow markers: 391, 373, 476
Paper: Bazzill and My Minds Eye
Ink: Archival Jet Black
Other: Couture Creations Royalty embossing folder, Robin's Nest dew drops, Spellbinder scalloped and smooth circles

No comments: