Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day everyone and I don't just mean to those of you who have human kids! Happy Mother's Day to those of you who are Moms to furry/feathery/bristley/scaley kids too!
Anyway, onto the card!
I taught a class the other day using a sheet of Stampendous Frosted Damask Roses. We used 3 of the 4 images and thought I should finish up the sheet to be thrifty. I was not entirely sure I liked the finished product but after a couple of customers politely told me not to be an idiot and put it on the blog I've relented.
The stickers are originally a white/frosty color so I thought I would begin by changing the color with my Terra Cotta and Red Pepper Alcohol inks. I then matted the sticker on a copper piece of cardstock and cut it out. I cut out my Sizzix Large Leafy Vine with green cardstock. I decided on a gate fold card and matted everything as shown. I used a Stampendous Perfectly Clear alphabet to stamp the word Mom on the front of the card and used some Kaisercraft pearls to finish things off.
Thanks for stopping by and what a surprise I have tomorrow's card all ready to go just have to post it so stop by tomorrow as well! :)

1 comment:

Sheree said...

This is beautiful Victoria! I am glad you arent stupid lol!! Will have to have a closer look next time I am in!
Happy Mothers Day!!