Monday, May 9, 2011

I have been trying to participate in the Penny Black blog contests for the past few months now with only a few entries so far however I did manage to get this card in under the wire for last week's challenge.
The challenge was to "lift" a card from one of the Penny Black designers. I chose to lift a card by Jill Foster.
I began this card by stamping and embossing this flower stamp by Penny Black with gold embossing powder on dark grey cardstock. I colored all the flowers first with a white pencil crayon then with colored pencil crayons so the colors would really pop.
I cut out the black with a Big scallop classic rectangle by Spellbinder then matted it on a piece of white, blue and black. I debated quite a while on how to finish the card nothing seemed quite right. As I was about to give up my friend Leslie showed up and was raving about a great new technique by Becca of Amazing Paper Grace. That lead to an unexpected "play date". The Becca technique makes a medallion using a lacy border punch but we figured we could tweak the technique and make a similar medallion with the Spellbinder borderabilities and it worked!! This medallion was actually done with the border in the new Spellbinder set called Parisian Accents. Love how it turned out!! I finished the medallion with a Kaiser pearl.
I used the new My Mind's Eye I was raving about the other day (Hip Hurray) for the card and the bottom border piece (the Parisian border I used for the medallion).
Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

Sheree said...

Toooo pretty! Love the flowers the way you did them and the medallion turned out fabulous! Okay.. what does 'lift' a card mean?

Victoria said...

I took "lift" to mean CASE (copy and share)!