Thursday, September 8, 2011

New Spellbinder dies plus a Penny Black card

The store received a batch of the NEW Spellbinder dies today and to celebrate we've put all our in stock Spellbinder dies on sale until Thursday Sept 15. All dies regularly priced at $28 are now $25 and all dies regularly priced at $20-23 are now $20 but only until next Thursday! Unfortunately, we did not receive the new Spellbinder Poinsettia die but we did receive: Holly Motifs, Bird Flourishes, Floral Flourishes, Butterfly circles, Edgeability Classic bracket and postage stamp, 2011 Heirloom ornaments, Star circles, Create a Flake three and holiday tags. The sale prices apply to the older Spellbinder dies as well.
Now onto the card. This new Penny Black (Christmas text) design just came in yesterday and I will be using the image in my upcoming Penny Black Christmas Card class. I began by stamping and embossing the image twice. I took a piece of Cut N Dry foam and colored the branch with Memento Bamboo Leaves ink on both images. I cut out one of the branches. I distressed the text part of the stamped image with my new Distress Antique Linen pad. I used some foam mounting tape and mounted the cut out branches over top of the distressed image. I cut out the image carefully cutting around the swirly side. I used my corner rounder  and rounded the 2 right corners. I edged the white paper with the Bamboo Leaves ink to make it a little less stark. I mounted the image on a piece of Hero Arts green pattern paper (cut using a Spellbinder Labels 8 die) then onto a piece of My Minds Eye cardstock. I also added some Hero Arts ribbon and gems to finish off the card. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: