Saturday, September 10, 2011

Sunset Poppy

I had a few minutes to play the other day with my Distress inks and created this card. I began with a piece of linen texture cardstock then I applied some Antique Linen Distress all over the cardstock with a piece of Cut N Dry foam then I used a scrap piece of cardstock with a circle cut out of the middle to make the moon using Mustard Seed and Wild Honey Distress inks. I darkened up the edges of the cardstock with more Wild Honey and Fired Brick Distress inks. I stamped the Poppy by Flourishes in black then stamped the poppy again on a piece of Wild Honey Coredination cardstock and cut out the blossom. I stamped the leaves on a piece of green SEI pattern paper and cut that out as well. I glued the blossom and leaves over the original black image. I used a marker to make the stem green. I thought the poppy need ground to be growing out of so I used a piece of ripped text weight paper from the recycle bin and applied more ink using that as a mask. The sentiment was stamped with Versafine Onyx ink and is also from the Flourishes Poppy set. Voila! card done!
Card Recipe:
Distress inks: distress fired brick, wild honey, mustard seed, antique linen
Versafine Onyx black
Paper: Wild Honey coredination cardstock; Bazzill
Tombow marker 177

No comments: