Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Vintage Irises

Wow it's been a busy couple of weeks. It seems quite a few people are in "Christmas" mode and are looking for supplies and ideas for their Christmas projects. Good for you if you fall into this category. I am still happily living in denial believing summer is just starting! LOL. I did managed to get a few minutes to play over the past few days between classes, demos, orders and shop renos (yes we are having some construction done around the store). I was in a rare vintage mood so thougth I would pull out my Distress inks. I began this card  with a piece of white cardstock then I stamped a script stamp randomly with my Tea Dye ink. I then embossed the cardstock with a Couture Creations folder. I carefully applied Broken China ink to the raised parts of the embossing with a piece of Cut N Dry foam then added more Tea Dye ink around to make the piece look even more shabby. I ripped both sides of the cardstock and crumpled and curled the edges. I've added a close up of the background so hopefully you can see what I have done. I stamped the iris stamp and colored them  with my Tombow markers then added more Tea dye ink to "brown" up the backround of the irises a bit. I cut out the image with my beloved Labels 14 Spellbinder die then matted with the beaded ovals die. I added some Walnut Stain Distress ink to each of the beads of the ovals to add more interest. I stamped the sentiment on a tag and edged it with ink as well. I finished the card by adding some of Hero Arts adhesive ribbon and sanding the main cardstock. Thanks for stopping by.
Card Recipe:
Stamps: Penny Black Flower Gallery, Penny Black Lettering Background & Stampendous Orchid Greetings
Tombow markers: 126, 526, 158, 990 & 991
Inks: Versafine Vintage Sepia, Distress inks Broken China, Tea Dye & Walnut Stain
Papers: Watercolor, & Coredinations
Embossing Folder: Craft Concept (limited edition) Cottage Floral
Embellishments: Hero Arts Cream Adhesive LaceSpellbinder: Labels 14 & Beaded Ovals


No comments: