Sunday, August 7, 2011

Butterfly Quote Mini Album

Today's post is a long one! I was inspired a week or so back to do a quote book similar to the one I saw on the BoBunny Blog. I used a Sizzix Butterfly mini album die which if you follow the blog will see I have used quite a bit recently. I decided to use Bazzil, Bo Bunny Double dot and My Minds Eye cardstock. The quote on the cover is by Hero Arts. Embellishments are by Bo Bunny (buttons), Hero Arts (flowers), My Minds Eye (twine), Doodlebug (Pool Brad) and Ranger Fruit Punch Stickles. Page 1 has more Hero Arts quotes. The hedgie is by Penny Black which I stamped on a scrap of watercolor cardstock and colored with my Tombow markers. The swirly is from the Sizzix die and I used more Hero Arts Flowers as well as some Hero gem flowers. I used lots of embellishments for this mini and even managed to use up some of those old packets of embellishments that had a few token bits left. That made me happy so then I can justify buying new packets! Page 3-  I stamped a Penny Black saying "Dance, Sing, Love" on a piece of Bo Bunny Double dot cardstock and cut it up for the next few pages. I cut each sentence apart to use on different pages. I added Ranger's Glossy Accents on each large word to give them a bit more oomph. I added a heart left over from the Sizzix die. I stamped the hedgie dancer (from Penny Black's 12 days of Christmas clear set) on another scrap of watercolor cardstock and colored her then cut her out with a Spellbinder classic oval. I added Stickles to her tutu. Added some gems and a brown pearl. Page 4 is from the same Dance Sing Love and the drumming dog is also from the Penny Black 12 days of Christmas set. I added some bling by using my Sakura Stardust pen to the silver parts of his drum set. I used a Tombow marker to add some dots around the outside edge of the Butterfly.
Page 5 is another Penny Black image that I paper pieced and used another piece of the Dance quote. The butterfly is by Flourishes. I added another Hero Arts flower gem and added Glossy Accents to the bees wings.
This page has the final piece of the Love quote that I stamped directly onto the page. I colored another Penny Black image with my Tombows on watercolor paper. I added Stickles to the flower and some pearls to the page as well.
This page has more Hero Arts quotes. Images are by Penny Black and colored with Tombow markers. I added some Stampendous white Fun Flock to the bunny tail.
This page has even more Penny Black images colored with Tombow markers. Sentiment and flower gems are by Hero Arts. I added a bit of green Stickles to the grass. Final page - I stamped a row of Penny Black mice (from the Micey Day set) then stamped the Hero Arts sentiment on a scrap and wrapped some My Minds Eye twine around the scrap and added some more clear gems to finish things up.
Thanks for staying with me!

1 comment:

Sheree said...

Hey Victoria! This is really neat! I'm thinkin' I should do one for Stampscapes but am not sure what shape to use for the album design. I'll talk it over with you this coming Thursday!