Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Heat Embossing Demo #3


Can you see a theme with this week's posts? :) Here is card number #3 from the heat embossing demo.
This one is pretty simple but looks great and would be great for those usually difficult "man cards".
I began with a piece of plain white cardstock. I embossed the bikes using my Versamark ink pad and Ranger's Seafoam white embossing powder.
Once the embossing powder was cool. I used 3 finger daubers (one for each color) and applied 3 colors of Ranger's Distress ink for an interesting background. The white embossing powder resisted the ink so the bikes really popped after the ink was applied.
I finished the card with a Happy Birthday sentiment stamped on a yellow circle. I added some scraps of ribbon that were too short to tie bows with but I had kept anyway! I cut a scalloped border in yellow at the bottom of the card using some Fiskar's "wiggly" scissors. I have a bunch of these but rarely use them so I gave myself some extra credit for using a tool I have but don't often use. :).
Thanks for stopping by.
Card Recipe:
Stamps: Hero Arts Joy Ride & Happy Birthday sentiment (set unknown)
Cardstock: unknown
Ink: Distress inks Peeled Paint, Tea Dye & Mustard Seed, Versafine Onyx Black
Other: sponge daubers, ribbon May Arts and unknown, Ranger Seafoam white embossing powder

1 comment:

Sheree said...

Neat! Love those stamps! The inks you used really make the bikes pop!