Thursday, March 17, 2011

Heat embossing #4

Part way through the demo last weekend someone pointed out that I used alot of Hero Arts stamps. Here is a card done with only 1 Hero stamp and it was not the main image!
For this card I decided to change things up and show that you can use metal stencils and embossing powders together.
I began with a piece of Cathie Allen cardstock (130lb) and taped the egret stencil down on the paper. I applied a few inks through the holes of the stencil when I was happy I removed the stencil and pressed my Versamark ink pad all over the paper. Then I poured Crafty Capers Clear Enamel powder all over the piece then heated it. When the powder was melted it left the piece with a linoleum type texture (slightly bumpy) if you apply a second coat of Versamark ink and Clear Enamel you get a smooth finish over your piece. 2 different looks, you pick the one you like best.
We actually made a second piece and put it in the freezer then tried to crack the enamel for an old type look. It just seemed wrong to me to deliberately bend my project so I was not good a cracking the enamel but Phil Coss who had stopped by to pick up his wife had no such worries and happily cracked the enamel for me! :)
I added an embossed border around my card by using 5mm Be Creative tape as my "glue" for the embossing powder. I used Crafty Capers Teddy Bear powder for my borders and heated it. Be Creative tape is tough stuff so can take the heat of the heat gun without losing it's sticky unlike lots of other adhesives on the market.
Hope you found this sample informative.
Card Recipe:
Stencil: Egrets Dreamweaver Stencils
Stamp: (sentiment) Hero Arts
Inks: Versmagic Oasis Green, Hint of Pesto, Gingerbread & Sahara Sand, Versafine Vintage Sepia, Versamark
Embossing Powders: Crafty Capers Clear Enamel & Teddy Bear
Other: Be Creative Tape




1 comment:

Sheree said...

I love it! I will check out the clear embossing powder next Thurs. It turned out fabulous!!