Monday, March 14, 2011

Heat Embossing Demo #2

Here is card #2 from the Heat Embossing demo held last Saturday at Crafty Capers. This technique is the "magic reveal" technique. This card seemed to be lots of people's favs.
I began with a piece of plain white cardstock. I stamped some solid "daisy type" stamps with yellow and orange dye inks. I let the daisies dry for a little while, I actually moved onto card #3 while it dried. If you were in a hurry you could speed up the drying process with your heat gun.
Once the ink was dry, I took a zinnia stamp and stamped a bunch of zinnias randomly over top of the colored daisy stamps with Versamark ink. I poured clear embossing (with glitter in it) powder over the zinnia and heat embossed the powder with my heat gun.
I let the embossing powder cool then took a piece of Cut N Dry foam and Rocket Red Versamagic ink and rubbed the ink all over the embossed piece. The embossed zinnias resisted the ink and left the yellow and orange daisies exposed through the embossing powder!
I finished the card off with a strip of cardstock which I notched on each end to resemble ribbon as well as an oval with a sentiment stamped inside it then matted everything as shown.
Hope this technique makes sense. Feel free to contact me if you have questions!

Card Recipe:
Stamps: Hero Arts Small Solid Flower & Four Fun Flowers, Flourishes Taglines (sentiment)
Ink: Memento Tangello & Dandelion, Versafine Onyx Black, Brillance Rocket Red
Other: Crafty Capers Pixie Dust embossing powder
Paper: Bazzil



1 comment:

Sheree said...

Wow!! That turned out beautiful! Can hardly wait to see it when I stop in on Thursday!!