Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Micy Nice


My niece's 13th birthday is rapidly approaching how on earth did 13 years go by so quickly? It seems like just yesterday that my home was invaded by my parents, their dogs and my non-pregnant sister while we waited for the pregnant sister to give birth! We must have watched Dumb and Dumber 10 times at least!
Well anyway for a change I am ahead of the game and got the card done a few weeks early. Last week Penny Black had a challenge to use vellum on a card so I also managed to use this card for that challenge as well.
The image and sentiment came from 1 Penny Black set (Micey Nice). I colored the mice with my Tombow markers on watercolor cardstock. I matted the image with purple vellum. I was playing around with my Spellbinder dies and managed to cut a partial oval out of the designer paper so I could show off the 2nd side of the paper. I am pretty happy with how the technique turned out. I added a scrap of confetti vellum at the top of the card to tone down the yellow cardstock a bit and to add some more "party" atmosphere. If you look closely at the top of the vellum you can see tiny yellow mouse foot prints. How cute is that?
Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

Sheree said...

Love those mice!! Great job Victoria... You never cease to amaze me!

Sheree said...

Hi Victoria... come and get your surprise at my blog!!