Monday, February 14, 2011

Tropical locales


If you are feeling like me you are probably wishing for some warm sunny weather about now. I have a bunch of friends away in tropical locations or have just gotten back from warm locations! Well this card is for us poor suckers who cannot get away this winter! lol
I've had these 2 penguin sets by Art Impressions for a few years now and I still love them! I had a lot of fun with this card because I did a technique called paper piecing where you stamp the image on your main cardstock then stamp it again on a pattern cardstock cut out the image and mount it onto the original stamped image for a pop of color. It's a great technique for those who don't want to color and also good for getting rid of scraps. OK so I didn't really get rid of many scraps but I did have fun dumping my pattern paper bag out on the table and rooting through it. Brought back many memories of favourite papers of past years. I don't know the brand names of all the papers but both end penguins are wearing Upsy Daisy, the surfboard is BoBunny and I believe the girl penguin is wearing SEI! The sentiment is by Hero Arts.
I hope this cheered you up today. PS have you noticed what a roll I'm on? I'm shocked how many cards I've been getting up lately however I am going to try some new projects and techniques so we shall see how that goes and how many projects are fit for the blog!
Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

Alli said...

Victoria you read my mind!!!
I was just thinking I could use some warmer weather!
Those penguins are so stinkin' cute!
What a fun card!