Friday, February 18, 2011

Stencilling with glitter

The store needed some new Dreamweaver stencil samples so I was playing with stencils and glittler all day yesterday. I have VERY fancy jeans now due to all the sparkles!
This card was done with Dreamweavers Mission Roses LJ size stencil using the double glitter technique. If you are unsure how to do the stencil/glitter technique come into Crafty Capers for a demo! I used Glitter Ritz glitter colors Fire Red, Champagne and Moss Green along with a Be Creative tape sheet. I used my Cuttlebug machine to dry emboss the black panel. The secret to not wrecking your stencil when you do this is not to put your stencil between your B plates. Put the stencil on your A plate and spray your cardstock with water makes for a deeper impression. The sandwich I use (from bottom to top) is A plate, Spellbinder tan mat, cardstock, stencil, 3 sheets of cardstock then 2 B plates.
I stamped the sentiment by Flourishes on a Spellbinder Oval then dry embossed that as well.
Hope this gives you a little inspiration!




1 comment:

Sheree said...

That is sooooo pretty Victoria! You'll have to give me a demo when I come in next!