Saturday, February 12, 2011

Flower Shaker

I have had the idea for this card in my head for a bit now and finally got some time to give it a try. Turned out fairly differently than what was in my head! :)
I started this card with a white rectangle of cardstock. I stamped and embossed the flower background (several times) with Versamark ink and clear Crafty Capers embossing powder. My Distress inks were calling to me so I used Tea Dye, Weathered Wood and Worn Lipstick and applied the inks with my sponge daubers right over top of the embossing powder. I thought the color could use a bit of sparkle so I pulled out my Ranger Non Stick Craft Mat and dumped a bit of Blush Perfect Pearl powder then spritzed with water to make a shimmery paint. I put the paper ink side down into this paint and swirled the paper around to give the piece a bit of sparkle. You can't see it in this photo but you can see it in person, honest. I cut out a square window in the piece (and the mats) with my Spellbinder square die and fitted an Impression Obsession square shaker pouch into the opening. I stamped and embossed 3 smaller single flowers and applied Distress inks to these as well and cut them out. I put the flowers and some microbeads inside the shaker pouch and sealed the back with a scrap of acetate to the pouch is clear on the top and bottom so you can see inside the card. (I've included a photo of just the inside of the card which I hope helps you figure out what I did) I used the leftover square (with the embossing and inks on it) to stamp yet another flower onto it with black ink. I embossed the black flower with clear powder because I did not trust the ink to dry when stamped on top of the previous embossing powder already on the square.
I finished the card with some gold cord and a button.
Thanks for looking!
Card Recipe:
Stamp: Hero Arts CL482 Dots N Flowers
Inks: Distress dye Worn Lipstick, Tea Dye, Weathered Wood. Versamark, Versafine Onyx Black
Paper: Bazzill & A Muse
Other: Crafty Capers clear embossing powder, sponge daubers, Blush Perfect Pearl Powder, Microbeads, BoBunny Button, Gold cord


2 comments:

Alli said...

Very pretty Victoria!
Love that colour combo!

Sheree said...

You are fabulous! What a beautiful work of art Victoria! Wish I was as talented... maybe one day!
Great colours and love the stamp!