Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Fairy Dust


Ok if someone had told me I would be excited about a fairy stamp 3 months ago I would have laughed until I fell out of my chair. Well, I am shocked to say I LOVE these Just Rite cling fairy stamps! Love 'em!
For those who missed them at the shop on Saturday or who have not been in over the past few days. We still have 1 set of these beauties left in stock!
I stamped the images with Versafine Onyx black and used my watercolor pencils on them. I then cut out the fairy image and matted it on a Spellbinder label. I matted the fairy image again on 2 green Labels 6 cutouts leftover from the make and take on Saturday. I used a dark Cordination cardstock and embossed it with my Cuttlebug Swiss Dot embossing folder then sanded it to reveal the lighter inner core of the cardstock. I thought it looked like stars. I made the fairy wings by stamping the wings on a piece of acetate with Memories dye black ink then I used Diamond Stickles on the wings to give them a nice sparkle. I cut them out once they were dry. They would have been more sparkly but I accidently put a piece of paper on top of the drying wings - whoops! Luckily I noticed before much harm was done. I've included a close up of the wings for inquiring minds. :) I attached them with Ranger's Glossy Accents.
This post is fairly long for me hope I covered everything OK. If you have any questions don't hesitate to contact me.
Thanks for stopping by!


No comments: