Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Sympathy

I have had to do some sympathy cards this summer (hate doing these ones) however took the time to play with my seldom used Distress Paints to make a background. I used Tim Holtz watercolor paper for the flower panel and put Mowed Lawn, Scattered straw and Tumbled Glass on my craft sheet then sprayed them with water. I dragged the paper through the watery paint until I was happy with the results. Then I decided I was not happy with the results so I took a Memory Box damask stencil and stenciled some designs on the background! LOL
 I stamped the flower image by Penny Black and colored it with Prisma pencils. The sentiment, from Impression Obsession, was heat embossed on a strip of vellum. I made another Distress Paint background on my main cardstock and used a TCW Art Is stencil for that background. Thanks everyone for stopping by and here is hoping I don't have to make any more sympathy cards for a good long while.

No comments: