Monday, September 29, 2014

Bonus Glitter card

I was supposed to be making a get well soon card for my 99 year Great Uncle Bob who is recovering from getting a pacemaker put in, yeah, well I'm pretty sure THIS card is not going to cut it! ;) Bob's wife, Jerry may end up getting it.
I had someone come in this week and ask for clarification on the glitter and tape over pattern paper technique so I made up this bird in the oval panel while showing her. I decided to make it into a card instead of trashing it.
The bird panel had Be Creative tape put on it then I carefully added Glitter Ritz cool highlight glitter just to the bird oval. I left the rest sticky. I quickly flipped the panel over to remove the extra glitter then I changed things up a bit and added some Be Creative sugar beads to the rest of the panel. I tried to get a photo of this but the texture and glitter differences are best seen in real life.

I finished up the card as shown using the Sizzix bird cage die, Kaisercraft pearls and rhinestones and Bobunny flowers. The pattern papers are all by BoBunny from the Madeleine collection. I love these papers! Hope the week has started well for everyone. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: