Thursday, May 17, 2012

Cottage Roses

I have a friend who will be having surgery tomorrow. I figure she could use a little pick me up when she gets home so I managed to get this card made up in a hurry. I'm not 100% happy with how the photo turned out but the card is headed for the mail tomorrow AM so don't have time to re do the photo.
I started by stamping the new Stampendous Jumbo Cottage Rose stamp on watercolor cardstock and then I embossed the roses with gold embossing powder. I watercolored the image with my Tombow markers and a waterbrush. I then cut out a butterfly out of white vellum paper using a Sizzix die. I stamped a saying by Flourishes over the butterfly for a bit of texture using a Brillance Pearlescent Thyme ink pad. I edged the vellum butterfly with a purple Tombow marker. I used my Tombow vellum adhesive to attach the butterfly to the watercolor paper. I added my sentiment (Hero Arts) and an old star shaped brad I found at the bottom of my embellishments basket. I finished off the card by rounding all the corners and adding 3 punched out butterflies.
Just a reminder that this Saturday 10:30 - 12:30 there will be a $2.00 make and take. We will be making a super cute frog card. Please bring your basic class kit with you to class.
One final reminder - the Crafty Capers garage sale is Thursday May 24 5:30 - 8:00 pm. This weekend is the last weekend before the sale to purge your stash and get it into the sale. We will be accepting priced items up until 5 pm on Wednesday May 23. If you have any questions please contact the store. :)

No comments: