Friday, November 27, 2009

Love those penguins!



I've been seeing quite a few Tri-shutter cards around lately and I thought I should give one a try. You know, because I have so much time on my hands since all my Christmas cards are done - NOT!

The basic idea is fairly simple the hard part is decorating the panels. For this card I used a penguin set by Art Impressions. I love this set! Using this set made decorating the panels a little easier since I had a bunch of matching stamps at my disposal.

I've included a bunch of photos so you can see all the panels. The first photo on the left is a view of the closed card (sorry it's a tad blurry) then the rest are inside the card. I must give Estelle and Annika thanks for the help with the card. Estelle was nice enough to help with the idea, coloring and cutting out. Annika gave some color advice. I think the assembly of the card is pretty self explanatory. For instructions on how to make the card click here.
I used my Scor It board for the scoring. Images were stamped with Versafine onyx black. Versamagic Aegean Sea ink was used to edge the white panels and stamp the snowflakes. Images were colored with Tombow markers and Prisma pencil crayons. White Liquid Applique, foam mounting tape and Stickles were used to add bling and dimension!

Thanks for looking!


2 comments:

Lorri said...

excellent card, you can make those for your cards to give out. Just how long did it take you to do that?

Lisa S. Luckey said...

Wow, all your cards are so neat and crafty. You hvae such a talent for it. They're so cute. I would have a hard time figuring out which one I like the best. They're great!