Monday, November 23, 2009

Happy Anniversary!


It was my in-laws 45th wedding anniversary over the weekend. My husband sprang the "can you make a card" request the day before and on a day I was expecting and order at the shop as well as a day I *should* have been cutting paper for a class (THAT did not get done!).
Anyway, I whipped this up pretty quickly but it turned out OK. I started with a pad of DCWV "elegant" patterned cardstock. I really loves these cardstocks but don't use them often for some reason. They are shimmery and a very heavy weight.
I stamped a clear Stampendous imaged on the folded cardstock twice with Crafty Capers Silver Dollar embossing powder. I really love this embossing powder it heats up really smooth and gives a very elegant look to a card. I colored the flowers with my Sakura Glaze pens, again an often over looked product in my stash! You can't see it in the photo but they give a really smooth, glossy finish on glossy cardstock almost like glass.
I stamped the saying with Brillance Pearlescent Sky Blue ink and voila - done!
Recipe:
Stamps: Perfectly Clear Flower Swirls set
Paper: DCWV Elegant paper stack
Coloring: Sakura Glaze pens

2 comments:

Lorri said...

This is a beautiful card Vic.

sharron said...

Victoria a very nice card.
A good sample to have on hand when times like this creep up...