Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Royal Mail

I am teaching a mini class this weekend for my neighbours who are complete beginner stampers. I think this will be one of the cards we do and coincidently it also qualifies for the Penny Black Saturday Challenge! This week it was a sketch challenge. They are my favourite! I started by stamping my main image with my Versafine ink then colored it with my pencil crayons. I cut the piece down to size and matted it with a scrap of red. I then found a piece of red vellum which I scored into 9 equal squares then I cut 8 1.25" squares and stamped them with the Winter Bough stamp with Cranberry ink. I mounted each stamped square inside a red square. The scored lines sure made it easy to line things up! I stamped and embossed my sentiment on a white Spellbinder tag then trimmed it down to fit onto the red one. I addied a piece of gold cord and glittery white brads in each corner of the red vellum piece. I mounted the main image and sentiment as shown. I finished up the card by applying my Designers Dries White
glue to the snowy areas of the mailbox and added Glitter Ritz Cool highlight to the glue. I must confess I like the top of the mailbox snow the best - where the glue was coming out all globby because I had a jam in the tip!! Once I got the glue flowing it came out smoothly which I did not think looked as nice! :) I've included a close up so you can see the snow better. Thanks for looking!

Recipe:
Stamps: Penny Black Royal Mail, Winter bough, holiday cheer

Ink: Versafine Onyx black, Ranger Cranberry dye, PSX tinted embossing ink

Coloring: Prisma pencil crayons

Other: gold embossing powder, dries white glue, cool highlight glitter, gold cord, Spellbinder Label







2 comments:

Lorri said...

excellent card, I would have voted for this one to win!!!!!

Dianne said...

Cute card!!!!!!!!!!!!!