Thursday, May 14, 2009

Final Mother's Day card


Yes, I realize Mother's day was Sunday. I had this made on time just did not post it until now. And actually as I was uploading the card I realized there are 3 bees and my Mom has 3 girls! I planned it that way, of course! :)
I stamped the bees of a scrap of cream cardstock with Onyx Versafine ink and colored them withy my pencil crayons. I then stamped them again on another scrap and cut it out to ask like a mask when I stamped the butterflies. I stamped the butterflies diagonally across the page using a Ranger Big and Juicy pad (Happy Birthday). I matted the image twice using my square smooth and scalloped Nestabilities. I drew a wiggly black line around the bee image and added dots of Lemon Liquid Pearls in 2 corners. I added the ribbon and jewel as well as the saying stamped in the same Big and Juicy ink pad as the butterflies. Finally, I used some Stardust Stickles on the bee wings. Thanks for looking! I've been madly working on bee cards for a class I am teaching in June. I hope to have them done today if all goes well. I will post one when all the samples are finished.
On another note the store has received 2 new order this week a paper/cardstock order including more glossy cardstock and Stardream text weight paper as well as Art Impressions stamps with more watercolor stamps, penguins and other animals.
Recipe:
Stamps: Stampendous Bee Trio & Simply the Best, Penny Black Butterflies
Inks: Versafine Onyx black, Ranger Big and Juicy Happy Birthday
Ribbon A Muse, Jewel Kaisercraft, Ranger Lemon Liquid Pearls

1 comment:

Lorri said...

What a cute card, love it!!