Friday, May 22, 2009

Something Fishy!


Sorry for the lack of posts this week. It's been a busy week!
I decided to play with a newer set from Stampendous that came into the store a week or so back. I really love this set and have already made several cards from the set and if we are all honest that does not always happen! :)
I started by stamping the fishbowl in black ink on a scrap of blue Bazzill bling cardstock (it's shimmery) then I cut out the inside of the bowl. I colored the top and bottom of the bowl with a blue Tombow marker to define them a bit more. I found a turquoise scrap in my bin with a circle cut of the the middle of it and with a little trimming along the outside it worked perfectly as a mat. I was very pleased with how thrifty that move was! On my main cardstock I stamped the castle and weeds with my new Versafine Vintage Sepia ink (love this ink, my new fav). I colored them with my Tombows. I added bubbles in the background with my Versamark ink. I stamped both goldfish onto a scrap of Magenta designer paper and cut them out. I stuck the fishing that is facing us right onto the card with my Be Creative tape. With the second fish I attached a piece of fish line to the back and attached the other end of the line behind the outside of the fishbowl so he moves when you move the card. Hopefully, you can see this in the closeup photo. It's the first time I've done one of these and it was easy and worked out very cute! All the supplies for this card (except for the fish line) are available at Crafty Capers. Thanks for looking!
Recipe:
Stamps: Stampendous Sushi Bowl Party
Inks: Versafine Vintage Sepia, Ranger Archival black & Versamark
Coloring: Tombow makers
Paper: Bazzill and Magenta

No comments: