Friday, May 1, 2009

Poppy Fields


I thought I would try to break out of my "cutsie" zone and try something more classic. Coincidentially, I bought the Classic Frames from Spellbinders last week.

I started this card by stamping the poppy image on a piece of white Stardream text weight paper and embossed it with Ranger Gold detail embossing powder. Actually, all the paper/cardstock is Stardream paper or cardstock except for the orange vellum. I colored the image with Tombow Markers.

I then cut out the largest frame in the Classic frame set then embossed it. While the paper was still in the die I used my gold pigment inkpad and added ink into the holes of the die with a sponge. I also did this with the mediallions on the sides of the frame (also in the Classic Frames set). I cut a frame out of the orange vellum with my Large Deckle rectangle Spellbinder dies. I matted everything as shown then added Kaiser pearls to the corners of the frame to finish the card off. Thanks for looking!

We got a big order from Stampendous in the store today. Watch the blog and webstore for new cards and items.

Recipe:

Stamp: Stampendous

Ink: Ranger Big and Bossy, Tsukenko Brillance Galaxy Gold

Spellbinder dies: Classic Frames, Large Deckle Rectangles

Other: Tombow markers, KaiserCraft pearls, Stardream cardstock and paper, Glimmer Vellum

No comments: