Friday, February 20, 2009

Penny Black Saturday Challenge

This week is a sketch challenge. I was humming and hawing about participating then my friend Yvette called all excited that she had done the challenge so that spurred me on.
I used the Penny Black stamp called Bunny Friends. All the layers in the sketch were a bit of a challenge since I usually make simple cards. The cardstock used on the card is by SEI (striped paper) and by Bazzill. I used Versafine ink for stamping and Shimmerz paints for coloring. The large flowers are by Bazzill and the small ones by Prima.
The card is pretty simple if you take away the layers. I stamped the bunnies on a scrap of white and colored them with Shimmerz paints (olive green, coffee, bubble gum and magenta). I cut out each bunny and attached them to my turqoise cardstock. The bottom two bunnies are attached with foam mounting tape. I did my cardstock layering then attached my flowers. The large flowers were white originally but I painted them with my Bubble Gum Shimmerz so they are now pink. The centers of the flowers are white Fun Flock by Stampendous as is the upside down bunny's tail.
Thanks for looking this was a fun challenge!

4 comments:

Yvette said...

I'm so proud of you !!!! Awesome card.

tracie said...

Beautiful card Victoria, love these cute bunnies - great work.
Thanks for joining us this week
hugs
Tracie :)x

Kath Stewart said...

super cute card Victoria...love all the bunny images......great take on the sketch and thanks for joining in the fun this week at PBSC...Hugs Kath xxxx

Pauline C said...

Hi Victoria - love your cute layered bunnies and flowers - very pretty card. Thanks for joining in the PBSC this week.
Pauline x