Monday, January 27, 2014

Happiest Place on Earth

I don't think it is any secret that I was in Disneyland a few weeks ago. We had an amazing time and when I got home I had this layout in my head. Now, scrapbooking is not something I regularly do, honestly, how many layouts of my cat does one person want to see, even if he is very handsome?
This layout came together pretty quick. I started with a lightly patterned piece of Echo Park paper (Park Bench line). I stenciled a Hero Arts flower stencil across the page with some Memento Angel Pink ink then stamped a Hero Arts friendship background stamp and embossed it with Ivory embossing powder along the left hand side of the page. I used some glimmer gel medium from Imagine Crafts to lay down my Park Hopper Disney ticket as well as a store receipt from Disneyland then I layered my photo and second ticket as shown. I cut a Tim Holtz Tattered Floral die and added a button center (purchased from Disneyland) that says "to all who come to this happy place, welcome. Walt Disney" I finished off the layout with a bunch of Hero Arts flowers and gems.
I have a busy week ahead as Crafty Capers is having an open house Saturday Feb 1. Stop by to see some of our CHA make and takes, and class samples. We will also have our spring class schedule out and if we are lucky, perhaps, some of the CHA product we ordered will have arrived as well! Oh, and I forgot 2 $2.00 make and takes using some new stamps we ordered at the show (please bring your basic class kit).
Hope everyone has a great week!

1 comment:

Melinda said...

Great layout! I love how you used the flower stencil.