Sunday, December 2, 2012

Stampendous Hard Core Crop Challenge

All this week Stampendous and Core-dinations cardstock have been having a contest (check it out, deadline is tonight!). I spent most of the week mulling over what I was going to do then my first project turned out "garbage worthy" so had to start again from scratch however I got my project done just in time!
I started my card by embossing the birds with white embossing powder on Coredinations cardstock then I used my Colorbox stylus wand and foam tips and sponged in some Distress ink colors.
Once I was happy with the colors I took a Sizzix embossing folder and embossed the areas around the bird image then sanded the cardstock to reveal the lighter core then I went back in around the edges and added more Fired Brick ink. I stamped my Stampendous sentiment on an extra scrap of Core cardstock then ripped the corners revealing the lighter inner color then lightly tapped in a bit of Distress inks.
I made my own tinsel garland using some Stampendous Crushed Glass Glitter and Be Creative tape. I matted my stamped piece on another piece of Core cardstock (again ripped on the bottom) then onto my main cardstock. Finished off the project with a few red pearls. Love how I managed to use a non-Christmas image on a Christmas card.
Thanks everyone for stopping by!
Card Recipe:
Stamps: Stampendous Bird Frame & Tis the Season (clear set)
Paper: Core-dinations Beach and Roasted Pepper
Ink: Versafine Vintage Sepia, Distress ink Fired Brick, Gathered Twigs & Wild Honey
Other: Stampendous Champagne Crushed Glass Glitter, Red Pearls, Be Creative tape, Ranger Seafoam white embossing powder & Sizzix embossing folder

3 comments:

Myrna said...

Victoria
What a stunning card. Love everything about it.
Myrna

StampendousGraphics said...

Beautiful card, Victoria! Thanks so much for playing with our Hard Core Challenge! Just love what you've done with the background and the birds in white just pop. Bet it's GORGEOUS in real life! Thanks again!

Krissy said...

This is gorgeous, Victoria! Love the white birds! Absolutely stunning!