Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Sympathy Card - not the best first card of 2011


I hope everyone had a great holiday season! I managed to get 4 days off IN A ROW! I can't remember the last time that happened! I was all excited to get back to the store and make some fun cards as well as some samples for classes then I got the news that a friend's father passed away. That kind of took the wind out of my mojo. :(
Anyway, I managed to get this whipped up. Pretty simple but I don't think a sympathy card is the place to get all jazzy.
I used the new 2011 Hero Arts sympathy set (in the store now) for the sentiment. It's not the most glam set but it sure is good to have a set like this in your stash for quick sympathy cards. The set includes a bunch of sympathy sayings along with a couple of flowers as well so you could get you cards done entirely with 1 set if you wanted.
I am hoping to get some fun cards done today. Stay tuned. Thanks for stopping by!
Card Recipe:
Stamps: Hero Arts With Sympathy set (CL476), Antique Engravings (CL383), Impression Obsession Cover a Card swirls
Paper: Bazzill, A Muse & BoBunny Calipsyo
Ink: Ranger Adirondack Espresso dye, Versamagic Tea Leaves & Brillance Pearlescent Tyme
Other: Spellbinder Labels 1, Cuttlebug Swiss Dot embossing folder, Corner rounder & A Muse ribbon

2 comments:

Glenda J said...

I think it's perfect - love it. Happy New Year!

Sheree said...

Lovely! Just the perfect amount of everything!