Friday, January 28, 2011

Shimmer Card Class


For those looking for something to do tonight (Jan 28)there is still room in tonight's Shimmer card class starting at 6:00 pm. We'll make 4 cards using shimmery paper 1 of which is a Valentine. Contact Crafty Capers at 250-585-0022 if you are interested in registering. Preregistration is required.
Now onto the card. This was supposed to be a Valentine card but morphed into a thinking of you card! I have a friend who was recently diagnosed with lung cancer so I think I will pop this one in the mail to her. She could use a pick me up.
I'm quite pleased with myself this card was made entirely of scraps from my bin and I accidently embossed the hot pink circle with the hearts upside down so had to cut another circle and start again! Watch out the Crafts Too You tiny hearts folder is tricky and it is very easy to emboss the hearts upside down!! lol And if your crafting partners are like mine they don't even show any sympathy when you screw up like that!
The bunny was colored with my Tombow Markers on watercolor paper and the decorative edge of the My Mind's Eye designer paper was done with my 10+year old Fiskar's "wiggly scissors".
Thanks for stopping by. Hope to see you at the class.
Card Recipe:
Stamps: Penny Black Bunny Friends & Hero Arts Find Joy set (clear)
Ink: Versafine Vintage Sepia
Paper: My Mind's Eye, Bazzill
Embossing folder: Crafts Too You tiny hearts
Other: Tombow white gel pen, Fiskar's decorative scissors, Spellbinder circles, American Crafts ribbon, Bazzill brad, Prima Flowers

No comments: