Friday, January 21, 2011

Let's Celebrate!


Yippee today is my birthday! Ok maybe not so much wow those numbers are creaping up there!! Yikes!
I made this card a couple of days ago when I was playing with my friend Gail's new brayer. While playing with hers I discovered the reason I could not brayer was because the rubber of my brayer has hardened significantly over the 10 years I have owned it. I guess that means I get a new brayer for my birthday!
I began this card by brayering a green, 2 yellows and a a terra cotta dye ink on a strip of glossy cardstock. I then borrowed my friend Chris' new silhouette stamp and stamped it onto the brayered background. I Cuttlebug embossed just the edges of some orange cardstock and sponged some Terra Cotta ink to the embossed edges and scored around the edges of the embossed area to finish it off. I had a little extra brayered paper so I cut out a circle to put my sentiment on. I matted the card as shown. I added some black dots on the brayered piece with my Adirondack pigment pen to finish the card off. Thanks for looking!
Card Recipe:
Stamps: Hero Arts
Inks: Adirondack dye inks Lettuce, Beach Ball Yellow, Butterscotch, Terra Cotta. Archival Black dye ink
Papers: white glossy card, Bazzill
Embellishments: Hero Arts & Adirondack Pigment Pen

1 comment:

Sheree said...

I just LOVE this card which is why I bought your 2nd to last stamp! I usually wait and grab the last one of everything but this stamps is too cute to take my chances!!
It's beautiful and I'm in awe of your talent.. way to go Victoria!!