Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Wishing you a green Christmas


I have a couple of friends who are "green crazy" and one of them sent me a similar scene all done in green. I decided to challenge myself to see if I could make a similar Stampscapes scene. I'm pretty happy with how this turned out! It's not quite the same as the one I was copying but I am happy with it never the less! Especially considering my eye is still a bit wonky.
This card started out as a piece of white glossy cardstock and I used a bunch of stamps and ink and tried out the Stampscapes "tonal applicator" stamp (a tear drop shaped stamp filled with tiny dots). The steps are too involved to get into on this blog. If anyone has any questions please don't hesitate to contact me. I have not yet decided it this card is appropriate for a Christmas card or not but it might become one because I am still short of cards.
Card Recipe:
Inks: Archival Black ink, Adirondack dye Lettuce, Meadow & Citrus
Stamps: Stampscapes small lakeside cove, pines and rocks, cumulus clouds, tonal applicator, ripples & pine row
Other: white glossy cardstock, Bazzill cardstock & Magenta Peel Offs

2 comments:

Alli said...

So lovely!

Sheree said...

Wow!! You did an excellent job on this one! Would be good for a masculine birthday or whatever too.
Can hardly wait until the next Stampscapes order comes in so I can add to my collection.