Monday, December 22, 2008

Up on the Rooftop





Crafty Capers is closed again today due to the snowfall warning on Vancouver Island. We hope to be open Dec 23 & 24 as originally announced.

I had one more card to make for 2008. My sisters and I, made a donation to Habitat for Humanity for my Dad for Christmas so I thought the Penny Black city stamp would be perfect. I stamped and gold embossedthe stamp across a large scrap of white Bazzill bling cardstock and again on a smaller scrap of cardstock. I also stamped and emobssed the Santa in the sky. The santa is from Inkadinkado's current buy 2 get 1 free stamp collection. I assigned my niece to paint the city and santa with Shimmerz paints. When the paint was dry we cut out the city on the smaller scrap of cardstock and using foam mounting tape mounted it on top of the city row on the larger scrap of white. There were some naked spots in the sky so I inked up only the stars from the Penny Black stamp and stamped and embossed them in the bare spots.

Thanks for looking! Merry Christmas!

No comments: