Saturday, June 16, 2012

Up, Up and away!

Happy Father's Day!
This week was so crazy that I barely managed to get my Dad's Father's Day card made, and in fact, I had to stay late at work tonight to get it finished!
I began this card by pulling out my stipple brushes and a piece of cardstock from the recycling bin. I ripped the cardstock from the bin to make a ragged line. I placed the ripped edge on a piece of glossy cardstock and stippled Adirondack Latte ink about midway up the glossy card. Once the ink was as dark as I wanted I moved the ripped edge down and then stippled Adirondack Ginger ink (middle color) once I was happy with that I moved the ripped edge even farther down the cardstock and stippled Adirondack Pitch Black ink. I made my sky by stippling Adirondack Aqua and Stonewashed inks along with a bit of Adirondack Pink Sherbet. I grabbed my Stampscapes Pine Tree stamp and stamped it 3 times with my Memories Black ink (dye). I then thought the scene needed a little "something" and grabbed my Hero Arts balloon stamp that was on the table and stamped it with my Memories black ink. I matted the scene with blue and rust cardstock then embossed my main cardstock with a Spellbinder M-Bossability (Flora) that I had inked with Latte ink to match the scene. Once I got down to business the card probably took me 20 minutes.
Happy Father's Day to all the Dads out there!

2 comments:

Alli said...

It's fantastic Victoria!!!
TFS!

Sheree said...

Fantstic!! This is gorgeous Vic...I'm sure your dad loved receiving it!
Hugs,
Sheree