Monday, June 4, 2012

Another Happy Birthday

Saturday was my Mom's birthday and this is her card so I had to wait to post this until after her birthday to keep it a secret.
I pulled out my trusty brayer and used it on white glossy cardstock using Adirondack Pink Sherbet, Raspberry and Wild Plum dye inks to create a brayered background.
I then stamped a Penny Black flower stamp with Memento Tuxedo Black ink in a U shaped pattern around the edge of the card. I sponged Adirondack Pitch Black ink around the edges of the card using my Stylus wands and sponge tips. I cut out a Memory Box Willow dragonfly with a scrap of brown cardstock and cut out his wings with some Shimmer Sheet mylar then embossed the wings for extra texture.
The final step for this card was to pull out my Distress Picket Fence marker and do some random doodling for extra interest.
Thanks everyone for stopping by.

1 comment:

Glenda J said...

This is gorgeous! LOVE that dragonfly. We had a bunch flying around our backyard yesterday... they always make me smile and this is no exception.