Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Birthday Poppies

I bought this Memory Box Prim Poppy die back in May and have yet to use it so thought I should bring it out.
I began by cutting out the poppy image out of white cardstock then I used my Craft Concepts embossing folder Jo's Circles and embossed the "outside" cardstock. I discarded the cut out poppy. I put the white cardstock onto a piece of Be Creative tape leaving a border around all sided of the white cardstock. I cut out another poppy using only the Be Creative tape backing.
I took my scissors and cut off the poppy flowers from the tape backing then laid the poppy stems into the hole I cut out of the white cardstock. I applied Glitter Ritz Fire Red to the outside tape border and the poppie flowers. The tape backing acted like a mask for the poppy stems. Once the red glitter was applied I pulled the mask off and used Glitter Ritz Moss Green glitter on the stems and unopened poppy bud. I matted the poppy piece on black cardstock. I found a white die cut shape in my scrap bin, obviously left over from a class since there were a few of them. I stamped my Hero Arts birthday sentiment with Memento Ladybug ink then took my paper "poker" and poked holes around the outside of the die cut shape. I embossed my red cardstock with a Couture Creations embossing folder called Satine then attached everything as shown and added a May Arts ribbon.
Thanks everyone for stopping by!

No comments: