Thursday, October 13, 2011

Hero Arts Challenge

Did you know Hero Arts has a monthly challenge? I've been meaning to play along for quite a few months now and finally got inspired and got a card done. This card is based on one of the October sketches. Normally, I find sketches hard to follow but this one really worked for me.
I began the card by stamping the ornaments on a piece of scrap cardstock with red ink then I applied Be Creative double sided tape over top of the ornaments then Glitter Ritz cool hightlight glitter. I cut out the ornaments. I stamped the Hero Arts branch with green ink across the top of the card and used my foam mounting tape to mount the ornaments. I added a strip of green along the left side of the card also stamped with the branch. I stamped the sentiment and added some pearls. I mounted everything as shown. Hope  this provides you with some inspiration!
Card Recipe:
Stamps: Hero Arts Decorate the holidays clear set and Big Pine Bough (wood mounted)
Ink: Adirondack dye Cranberry and Watermelon and Pesto
Paper: Bazzil and Basic Grey
Other: Be Creative tape, Cool Highlight Glitter (Glitter Ritz), Hero Arts Pearls

3 comments:

Glenda J said...

Great job with the sketch! Love the ornaments.

Alli said...

Sparklicious Victoria!!!
TFS!

Sheree said...

Gorgeous!!! Love the pine branch stamp you used!